Point, well taken!  They're places, where one can get a meal, but they
are not shelters.  Where are the shelters, for the homeless?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <sharon_b283@> wrote:
> >

> 1. Check Mate
> 2. The Mercy Center
> 3. Interfaith Neigbors
> 4. Trinity Church
> 5. Let's not forget Rev. Nunn he says he feeds over "100" homeless a
> day. Plusc he stopped the violence too.
>

> Pluc the city will get housing for those who WANT it.
>
> Just to name a few.
>

>  I find this article contemptuous!  One, YOU do NOT speak, for over
> > 17,000 AP residents and you certainly DON'T speak, for me!  I found
> > the remarks about how many agencies, serving this community
> > incorrect.  You don't cite or name any agency, that serves the
> poor.
> > Your figures, on how many of any group, ex-convicts, alcoholics,
> > etc., are over-inflated, to make your argument, credible.  You are
> > using ficticious numbers in all instances to make your argument,
> when
> > the reality, is quite different!  Please list me 2 agencies that
> > house and help the poor; just 2 and I will lower my tone!  I
> haven't
> > heard one word, in favor of the Mission, because you are so bent on
> > having it YOUR way and discrediting the head of the Mission and
> using
> > city resources, to make their presence here, untenable.  That'a all
> > have to say of the unchristianlike attitude, of a small group, that
> > want parity when it comes to their life issues and inequality, for
> > all others!
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "paulvail1964" <vailpj@> wrote:
> > >
> > > (Not exactly as I wrote it but this op ed piece appeared in
> > > Morristown's local paper, home of the market street mission.)
> > >
> > > Asbury Park does not want this shelter
> > > Community is struggling to get back on feet as is
> > > thousands of ex-cons, pedophiles, alcoholics and drug addicts
> from
> > > all over New Jersey that the mission intends to bring to our home
> > > year after year.

Thousands?  The Mission has stated, it only has room for 37!

> > --
> > > Paul Vail is a resident of Asbury Park.

So am I!  36 years and I VOTE, thanks to the Civil Rights Act!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM