Once upon a time...
I spent quite a bit of time in the beautiful city of Strasbourg in France.
I took my guitar with me on one 3 month visit, and I was alone in the city for
3 weeks and
dying to play.
In my wanderings, I found an odd little jazz/blues club in the so called "bad"
part of the
city.
I went in with my guitar. Nobody spoke English, and I didn't speak French.
It was jazz jam night. The leader of the band was a transvestite, and the club
was filled
with people of many backgrounds.
The only thing we all had in common was music.
I got up on stage with this band i'd never met, and we kicked ass.
It's one  of my favorite musical experiences ever.