On Jul 10, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Hinge wrote:

> I have an easy answer to this subject...
> Just take a drive to Pt. Pleasant Beach any day this summer (non rainy
> of course)
> You'll see tons of people and you will have to pay semi-big bucks
> to park.
> The boardwalk is packed.

Yeah, after just being there on Monday I really wonder why people
seem to think that it's a certainty that Asbury Park could never
return to its glory days as an amusement area.  It may be a certainty
that they don't want it to be that type of town, but I can't see why
people are so sure you can't have things be that way anymore when
there is a town like Pt. Pleasant less than 10 miles away.

I realize that property values are so high that it's tempting for
condos and stuff, but there is definitely a lot of revenue being
generated on that Pt. Pleasant boardwalk, tons of jobs, and crowds
basically throughout the entire year - not just the summer.

If Asbury Park wanted to return to that, it could.