i'm in point pleasant and this is the reason i come up to AP!

On Jul 10, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Hinge wrote:

I have an easy answer to this subject...
Just take a drive to Pt. Pleasant Beach any day this summer (non rainy
of course)
You'll see tons of people and you will have to pay semi-big bucks to park.
The boardwalk is packed.
The food vendors are making a killing selling $6 French Fries, $8
burgers and $6 Hot Dogs.
After the daytime fun is done, the beach bars are also packed.
All the people who were smart enough to buy land to use as parking are
profiting. The city is profiting. The retailers etc. are making money.
Meanwhile, the AP beach is still the best kept beach secret around,
with free parking, uncrowded beaches and boardwalk. Lot's of potential
retail and entertainment spaces not really being used, and virtually
no money being pumped back into the city. Not only that, but our
waterfront really isn't providing many jobs for the locals the way the
Pt. beach does.
Sad.

<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/b/ vikas_baja\

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/09/business/09auctions.html?ei=5087% 0A&e\