Lots here, but I'll take a shot.

> 1. The chamber of commerce is "owned" by the pompous upper echelon
>that
> is attempting to rape AP.

Name names.  Even one.

>As a merchant, you can pay your $125 for >the
> right to be ignored by these high brow snobs.

This I agree with. I refuse to be a member.  That's why the
Merchants Guild was formed, because of how bad the Chamber was. The
Guild was a more Asbury oriented, progressive, populist group.  It
did very well. It's now defunct, but we've left the Guild corporate
structure in place for when people deceide to leave the Chamber
again and start up the Guild again.

> 2. Y'all can play down the crime all you want in the media; but
>it's
> getting worse.

I think the stats belie your assertion.

>Once WHITEY gets gunned down on the boardwalk
> (particularly a NEW whitey with an esteemed condo on the water);
it's
> all over. You know it, and I know it.

That would hurt any shore town - not unique to Asbury.

> 3. Everyone that I speak to in those "towns with money" >
(paraphrase),
> surrounding AP, are convinced that it's never coming back. AP is a
> constant reminder of corruption and crime; and a black mark on
>Monmouth
> county, and NJ. An embarrasment.

I claim expert status on this issue.  Asbury's local PR problem is
still a problem, but it is lightyears better than it was just 5
years ago.  Lightyears.

>They don't let their kids GO to AP; as
> no one should.

Apparantly you've never met Oakdorf, Dan S., me, and many others who
bring our kids here regularly.

>They have real class. Not this neuvo-riche pompous
> attitude driven soley by greed fueling those at the top of the
>food
> chain in AP.

Name names.  Who in AP are you claiming has no class?

> irrelevant question:
>
> Who are we looking to attract now that the gays are leaving,
>families?

The gays that are moving out aren't going far - Wannamassa is the
new Asbury Park.

Is Asbury Park attracting families to visit on Day Trips?  Yes.  To
move here and live?  Not yet.  You don't want that anyway.

If I moved here with my four kids, you would pay $80,000 a year
educating them, and I'd kick back less than $10,000.00 in taxes.
That needs to be straightened out before you want guys like me
moving back in.

> OK. What's the plan tomorrow? To change the plan?

Vague question.

> SOME PLACES ARE SIMPLY BETTER LEFT BRIAR PATCHES

Then be a good rabbit and crawl back in your hole.