Boiling it all down I see it a simple chapter.  The State is so askew
that it needs to take areas and increase density and throw out more
middle to lower middle income people to balance the droves of upper
middle and upper class people who left over the last 5 years.

As the government of New Jersey became so "google" in size it
required excessive taxing.  So to keep the rich in the State they
have cut deals with people to gentrify areas that could be made
desireable like ocean front property.

For so many years Monmouth County was one of the top ranked counties
in America.  Freehold, Long Branch & Asbury Park are marked for a
planned reversal of zoning revenue.  Taxes will be quad what they
were 5 years ago, and those who benefitted by the gentrification (sp)
will be those that make the profits associated with the developments
and then those who get to live right where the slum was last year.

The politicians are fed by the campaign contributions and the
decisions are legislated towards those that fund the politicians.

It has nothing to do with Bruce, Asbury Radio, The Press, it's just a
drug known as "power" and the dealers of this habitual social desease
are Cherokee, Hovnian, Applied, Matzel Mumford.  The unions, and the
municipalities and the school districts.  New Jersey is sick, it
needs a miracle.  Unfortunately I do not see it coming.

We are economically not viable, to think otherwise is to fool
yourself.  No matter what you reveal on the air or in print or
online, if you think they are worried about what any of us have to
say, your fooling yourself.

The masses have been numbed, and they are not gonna wake up anytime
soon, because they can rent a U Haul and relocate elsewhere more
easily.

"Only the fool thinks they are important to the King, and they are
right, becasue they are the King's fool!"

KB

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "radio881gal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Wouldn't that be something if Springsteen's 'Radio Nowhere' was
about
> the jettisoning of Asbury Radio? When I listen to it I hear a lot
of
> potential veins, but I'm still not sure about how I feel about the
> ones that were actually tapped.
>    Alas, the song seems to be more about the lack of musical
> identity, than community radio, per se. We did play local musicians
> though, so maybe...
>    I often did wonder if Bruce ever knew about Asbury Radio - we
were
> the only radio show about Asbury Park, after all. I used to make a
> joke about the fact that I did turn down a Springsteen interview,
> back in the early 70's, in favor of one with Robert Klein.
> (Obviously, I was very young!) I invented this whole thing about
how
> Bruce wouldn't visit Asbury Radio because he was still punishing
me.
> Don't think anyone fell for that one.
>     I used to seriously worry that Bruce ignored us because he
> thought the show, by examining the redevelopment process in depth,
> was somehow undermining the quest of redevelopment. (With the
> exception of the Esperanza's original name, "The Rising", can you
> think of a time Bruce interferred in the plans?) This was because
our
> critics often grouped the show into the 'they're against
> redevelopment' label. The idea was absurd. How could anyone be
> opposed to redeveloping a barren, blighted landscape on its face?
> However, the devil, as we know now,was in the details.
>    It's nearly a year since we were forced off the air and I wonder
> if we could've even had a show if we were to have started today.
> There's too much riding on the waterfront's success. How would
> Cherokee Investments, with its $30 million in the kitty, (It is a
50%
> partner in Asbury Partners) react?
>     There is almost a collective holding of breath out there right
> now. The notion being that if anyone of us exhales the bubble may
> deflate even more. One must smile continously and recite market
comps
> while doing so. We must all drink the Kool-Aid. The stakes are too
> high not to.
>    I've always felt that Asbury was a strange little microcosm of
> what's going on nationally. Have you noticed how the
word 'politics'
> has replaced 'communism' in our 'emphasis vernacular'? I swear sex
> and politics are the two biggest taboos of this century. Sex is
> imperative to human life and politics, well, Jesus Christ was
> political, for...
>    So what does Bruce think of all this? I think we're all clear on
> where he comes down about sex, actually. And, he's never really
> choked on political issues regionally. But how does he react to the
> closing of the WB? And the Pony, did someone say it's next?
>    Here's what I overheard about the closing of the WB: the powers
> that be who have mucho buckoh's riding on the sale of these
> waterfront condos want Bruce and his gritty following out of
Asbury.
> They want to change the image and the message, and attract people
who
> are sufficiently entwined in the system to afford to invest here.
> You know the problem with that? You got it. We'd reduce AP to just
> another overpriced bedroom community by the sea, thus killing the
> goose that laid the egg that bore the glory days.
>    But maybe not. Maybe they are right. History, ambiguity, it's
> messy. We like it clean these days. No gray - just black and white,
> and lots of antiseptic.
>   Well, what does someone else think?
> Maureen
>
> AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rook782" <rook782@> wrote:
> >
> > Do you think Springstein is a member of Asbury Yahoo Groups?
> >

> >  --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dapawprint" <dapawprint@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I just read that one of Bruce Springsteen's new songs is
> > titled "Radio
> > > Nowhere"  does anyone know if this song relates to Asbury
Radio?"