Bruce doesn't control anything. He makes music. People who like his music, buy
it, and
listen to it. Same thing as Howard Stern. It's called "Free Will"
And your Dixie Chick argument doesn't hold any steam. When radio stations chose
to stop
playing Dixie chick music, THEY were making a political statement. The thing
that the
Dixie Chicks said in London was a statement that one of them made on stage.
Free
Speech.
The songs that the radio stations were boycotting were Dixie Chicks songs that
didn't
contain that statement, or anything political. They were love songs, and fun
songs,
somebody done somebody wrong songs.
If the radio stations started boycotting everybody with an opinion, there would
be nothing
left to listen to. People have opinions.
And let's be honest and get to the core. Bush has polarized this nation. People
aren't
happy, and if they are and think nothing is wrong, then they really aren't
being good
Americans, they are being ignorant.