From: Hinge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:28:17 AM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Old Man Rafferty's - My review

So, last night I went to Old Man Rafferty's for the first time.
I loved it.
The decore is dark and elegant, and the staff was really friendly. Not overly
friendly, friendly
with dignity.
Seating was comfortable, and the view of Cookman was cool.
The food was really good. Great menu, interesting selections.
We had fried Calamari as an appetizer, which was just right for 4 people.
My main course was Hanger Steak, and it was a winner. Cooked to perfection.
For dessert, Dulche de Leche cheesecake. This was also excellent.
Thumbs up for me. My 3 friends (my band actually) loved it too.
Afterwards I took them for a walk around the area and they loved it.
Interestingly, they all
began making comparisons to Long Branch and Red Bank. I said nothing.
They all lamented the changes on Broadway in LB, and all three agreed that
while Red Bank
looks nice on the surface, the vibe there is too snooty, the restaraunts too
expensive, and the
lack of parking annoying.
When the conversation turned to Pier Village, I chimed in a bit, and we all
agreed that it's the
worst thing to happen to LB in a long long time.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.