--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Gary Wien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You're right Allan, it'll definitely appeal to certain groups
because
> it's a "safe" location.   I doubt it brings many to other points in
> Long Branch though.  They've kind of created their own little suburb
> within the town.

Well it does bring people into other parts of town. Right down
Broadway, thus the effort to get Broadway up and running. Kind of like
if AP/Neptune cleaned up Asbury ave and Springwood - 2 gateways to the
shore. 33 is now nearing completion and now its a matter of time for
some of those properties to get cleaned up some more.

Then the entire stretch of 35 from the circle to the belmar bridge.

Go to Florida. Drive rt 1 from Ft. Lauderdale to S. Beach and keep on
going. Drive through ft. meyers. orlando. Granted you can't see the
ocean any more - but at least what you can see is clean. I rather see a
couple nice strips or "neighborhod centers" with big green patches then
4 miles of half-ass buildings with broken cars, barbed wire fences and
crap all over.

Chelsea ave in long branch had to rank right up there with one of the
worst street in monmouth county that had nice old large victorians
chopped up. They made an attempt to bring the two sides of ocean ave
together. theres plenty more growth left in long branch and asbury.

start by enforcing clean and safe streets, housing violations and crime.

Start with education.