--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apoojo" <apoojo@> wrote:
>
> > them , but anyone can, as far as future lighting you better check
> > with aphs again it was my understanding, they just wanted to
replace
> > the poles with more ornate ones, while this will look pretty i do
> not
> > know if it is the answer you are looking for, good luck

> Not needed and inappropriate. There is nothing wrong with the
poles,
> In fact they are authentic 'historic' 1920s Westinghouse poles.
>
> What is neded are replacement vintage (1920s) lamps on top of the
> poles. (see Norwood Ave in Deal for examples)
>
> But of course noone will support doing the economical, appropriate,
> historic solution.
>
> Instead a committee will apply for a grant, receive a zillion
dollars,
> install fake vivtorian poles and throw away the real historic ones.
>
> My prediction.
>
> Werner

lets not over react, before you get the correct facts, maybe that is
what they are doing, i said it was my undrstanding and jack should
check into it, sorry if i was wrong and misled you, some of those
poles the ones on thw west side are not original, again my point
was ,if they just replaced the heads would it be the adequate
lighting that jack is looking for?