I don't know this for a fact and maybe someone "out" there knows, but
with technology, the PD, may NOT have to ask, what your name is, due
to the fact that caller ID, has been in the mainstream, since the 80's
and was known technology at AT&T, (experimental), but known, so they
already know, that you are a "frequent" caller, may be seen as a
"nuisance", to them, but not to us.  Authorities, "forget", on
purpose, how monies are derived to pay them and not necessarily from
property taxes.  State, local and federal taxes, are probably "pooled"
to pay PD, Fire, etc., especially in AP, where firemen are paid
instead of volunteer.

Just saying that, to say, when you call in, you are seen as a
"frequent" caller!  Perhaps if more of us got involved and called,
something, just might be done!  Place yourself in their place, keep a
diary of how many times a week, day, month, you call.  Who knows, they
may well be keeping tabs on you!  Don't mean to run on, but I worked
in Safety and Security, at one time in conjunction, with other
managerial duties and I did keep a diary/record, of "complaints"/concerns.

I'm not saying your calls weren't legitimate.  You should also follow
up with letters to the Mon. Co. Prosecutor/Sheriff, keep copies and
retain a lawyer, on retainer, just in case.  You may have legal
recourse for the City not heeding your calls and JR, if you're reading
this, please advise.  Oops, forgot this is what you do for a living!
Not looking for "pro bono" advice, but wondering whether we should
form a "safety coalition" group, to show solidarity with "Hinge" on
this issue!

I live about 5 blocks from the park, never walk over there, but drive
to the library, instead, but still interested in the welfare and
safety of those living in proximity.  I don't live on the West Side
but I'm just as concerned for thier safety as I am for my own!  I
still drive everywhere from habit of living in the hills of Neptune,
where EVERYTHING, was far away!

One more thing, there is/was a citizens group, that is supposed to
"observe", the things that Hinge, keeps us informed on.  Why aren't
THEY patrolling this area?  What is their purpose?  I forget what they
call themselves and they have an annual "lights on" march?  When a
little girl, was murdered, some time ago, a march was held and has
been held yearly, in her memory.  Her murderer, was never caught!  I
won't call her name, but if you've lived in AP 15 years or more, you
know what I'm talking about.  She was African-American and school age.
The lack of follow-up, is so telling.  It happened before the Louis
Jordan era.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rook782" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One major crime related problem in Asbury Park is that we have our
> own private 911 center, instead of merging with the county 911
> center.
>
> So instead of spending money to put more cops and horses on the
> streets, we use it to staff an inadequate 24 hour call center with
> all the fancy equipment that this involves.  Redundancy?
>
> In addition, being part of the county system puts another set of
> eyes on what is happening in Asbury Park.  It's crime and it's
> policing as well.
>
> Just think how these county dispatchers could link crimes that are
> happening outside of Asbury Park to ones happening inside Asbury
> Park.  I.e. The such and such drug gang did so and so in Neptune at
> 10:30 p.m. and then did such and such in Asbury Park at midnight.  I
> think it would make it much easier to catch the criminals this way.
>
> I always find it such a joke that we are in so much of a financial
> crisis, yet we maintain the fire department and the police
> departments in a fashion that no other well heeled town with lots of
> money to waste would even consider doing.

 Borrowing from Frank:

"I speak for no one but myself"