Yeah, Glenn, I knew this!  I was one of the first, to have these phone
features and remember, when just the number was displayed, however
Bell Labs, had the name recognition, as with any experimental system.
 My group had nothing to do with the field testing of this particular
feature.  Thanks for the COPS number, besides they probably
concentrate their efforts on the West Side, but Jack's observances
can't be ignored over here!  His photos tell a story of a "hangout",
where users feel relatively safe, because the cops are needed
elsewhere, supposedly!  Even if this group were to install a
surveillance camera in the park, you'd have to have a "right of way",
to climb Verizon's/AT&T's post and install a camera, there, review the
city's ordinances, etc., to stay within the boundaries of the law and
the "legal" aspect of doing so.  Then you'd need a 24 hour crew to man
the system!  You can't just surveille without an ordinance, or the
ACLU's, (privacy issues),  input/output!  Does someone know?

Sounds easier said than done, but having worked for both NJ Bell and
AT&T, I know about easements, right of ways, permits to dig, etc.  I
know one thing, if the AP Police, made it a routine, of cruising by,
by surprise, they'd see a helluva lot more than Jack does!