I guess I'll answer my own question.  Going by its location, I
believe the land should be for public use.  Something that can be
very useful to the community and city is a community center and
banquet hall that can be used for community functions, rented out for
private parties, etc.  Its something that everyone (adults, children,
families) can use.  The park next door is surrounded by churches and
homes. Something that can be used by the community would compliment
the park and draw more people to the area.  I'd also like to see the
Delmonte site incorporated if the Met site is indeed used for
community space (I kind of hope when they swing the wrecking ball at
the Metropolitan, the backswing hits the Delmonte and levels it... I
had the honor of having to do some construction work at the Delmonte
a few summers ago, and I have some interesting stories about whats
going on inside that place).

But getting back to the Metropolitan site, the last thing it should
be used for is condos or a hotel.  And I dont think anyone is going
to build a hotel there anyway, theres no parking and its not close
enough to the beach to be as profitable as the other hotels.

Its location on Asbury Ave makes it easily accessable for the entire
city and its location across from the park and near the downtown and
beach makes it a good place for community use.