--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, you'd be surprised at what a problem we have with traffic
from Asbury Ave.
> virtually all the way to the beach, but mostly between Main and Grand.
> I've seen people flying down both Asbury Ave. and 1st Ave. doing
about 50 mph many
> times, particularly on the weekends. This gets to be an even bigger
issue on Saturdays
> when Trinity Church is doing their soup kitchen and there are more
pedestrians in the
> neighborhood.

Speeding and traffic mean two different things to me, I misunderstood
what the original post meant.
In regards to the speeding, thats a shame that people speed down Asbury
Avenue in a neighborhood like that with pedestrians, bike lanes, etc.

Actually, more cars and more vehicular traffic could reduce the
speeding problem because more cars mean more people doing the speed
limit and tighter lanes, slowing down the speeders.  I know when I
drive on the parkway at night or in mid afternoon and there are barely
any cars, I tend to go much much faster with that wide open road in
front of me (though I probably shouldnt lol).

That being said, nothing on the Met site is really going to be what
causes more traffic.  Its going to be the beach and boardwalk.