I don't necessarily disagree with you about Asbury Partners.  And I
smiled when you wrote "we have ourselves".  I completely agree.

Clearly the city and the council can no longer allow boardwalk
redevelopment to run on autopilot.  Too many variables in the
marketplace have changed.  The course needs adjusting.

A lot of dust needs to settle before new opportunities will be
uncovered in the wreckage.  Sometime in January, I would like the
council to give us a "State of the Boardwalk Address" to let us know
where redevelopment stands and to show us where they plan to take
the city from here.

Meanwhile, I hope you and other smart people like you will continue
to speak your minds.  You've been making a strong case against
Asbury Partners and I think more and more people are coming around
to your point of view.

Being a member of the Asbury Park city council has to be one of the
toughest jobs going.  Most of these guys have full time jobs and
families to support on top of their council responsibilities.  They
need all the help and support they can get.

Best,

Paul

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Vail" <vailpj@> wrote:
> >
> > There are other differences between Hoboken/JC and AP besides
the
> > partners.
> >
> > The markets in JC and Hoboken are better.  And Metro Homes' two
> > projects in JC, Trump Tower and Gulls Cove, are much closer to
> > completion.
> >
> > Just wanted to add that perspective.
>
> Paul
>
> I respect that you make your money from real estate like I do. Can
you
> honestly make the assessment that Asbury Partners  and our deal
with
> them is helping the redevelopment in this city?
>
> The faster that you and others come to the realization that they
are a
> hinderance and bring forebearance upon the city to do something
about
> it, the faster we will get where we want to be.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I went to a function held by a client of
mine,
> the Durst Organization. They built 4 Times Square and are building
the
> 2.1M sf Bank of America Tower on 6 Ave. I do all their work. A
young
> man who works for them came up to me and said he knew me from AP.
He