I'll take Reverend Moon over Salzburger, the owner of the NY Times
anyday, particularly since Salzburger said this:

Pinch was a political activist in the Sixties, and was twice
arrested in anti-Vietnam protests. One day, the elder Sulzberger
asked his son what Pinch calls, "the dumbest question I've ever
heard in my life." If an American soldier runs into a North
Vietnamese soldier, which would you like to see get shot? Young
Arthur answered, "I would want to see the American get shot. It's
the other guy's country."

You want to see an American soldier get shot?  Treason.  What a
bastard.

I'll take Moon.

You can have the NYT.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> UPI doesn't control what news outlets choose to print - it is just
> news feed service.  And Moon has proclaimed as mentioned below
that
> The Washington Times is his own personal "righteous and
responsible

<asburycouple@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Tom, you have got to be joking, right????  Now you're
> > > calling "Reverend" Moon a credible source?????  Come on now
Tom.
> > > When you're making your arguments using the "facts" from a
> radical
> > > cult leader it really illustrated just how thin your arguments
> > really
> > > are.
> > >
> > > See below:
> > >

> > > The Times is the flagship publication of News World
> > Communications,
> > > Inc. (NWC). NWC was founded by Sun Myung Moon, and some of its
> > > officials are members of the Unification Church which he
leads, a
> > > fact that has drawn some criticism. NWC published Insight
> Magazine
> > > and The World & I. Insight ceased hardcopy publication in
2004,
> > > moving to the web; and The World & I became The World & I
Online,
> > an
> > > educational magazine with four corresponding websites. NWC
> > continues
> > > to publish the The Washington Times National Weekly Edition (a
> > > tabloid compilation, designed for subscribers outside the
> > > metropolitan area, of the previous week's published Washington
> > Times
> > > stories). NWC also owns United Press International.
> > >
> > > NWC is described by the Columbia Journalism Review as "the
media
> > arm
> > > of Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church".[15] The
> > Unification
> > > Church calls Moon the "founder" of the Times. In 1997, on the
> 15th
> > > anniversary of the founding of the paper, Rev. Moon gave an
> > address
> > > to staff members that began:
> > >
> > > "Fifteen years ago, when the world was adrift on the stormy
waves
> > of
> > > the Cold War, I established The Washington Times to fulfill
God's
> > > desperate desire to save this world. Since that time, I have
> > devoted
> > > myself to raising up The Washington Times, hoping that this
> > blessed
> > > land of America would fulfill its world-wide mission to build
> > > Heavenly nation. Meanwhile, I waged a lonely struggle, facing
> > > enormous obstacles and scorn as I dedicated my whole heart and
> > energy
> > > to enable The Washington Times to grow as a righteous and
> > responsible
> > > journalistic institution."
> > >

> > > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"

> > it