Because you are doing exactly what every single person I know who's become an
armchair
global warming expert.
One day, you use the term "carbon footprint"
Next, you start posting facts that will only agree with your point of view.
You are already convinced that global warming is bs, so you'll google away and
find things
that support your uneducated on the topic point of view.
The worst part, to me, is that like others who hold your point of view, you
probably think
it's just fine for our culture to pollute and over consume away.
I wonder what you think when you see reports about a certain glacier in the
artic that has
shrunk more in the past 9 years then any other time in recorded history.
And of course, you make jokes about polar bears. You just can't seem to make
the
correlation between extreme changes in things like polar bear populations and
rapidly
melting glaciers. It's impossible for you to realize the amount of pollution
we've been
pumping into our planet since the dawn of the industrial revolution. In your
world, all that
just magically goes away and has absolutely no effect on our planet. You
completely don't
get the point that virtually none of the chemicals, emissions or other
pollutants that we
produce either didn't exist before the industrial revolution, or existed in
such minor
quantities that they didn't effect the natural balance of things. Even things
like methane,
which is very harmful to the environment and is being produced at all time high
level due
to things like the cattle industry, which feeds our hunger for crappy fast food.
Discussing this topic with you is a complete waste of time.