--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> English Only!!
>
> Not xenophobic, rather caring and compassionate.
>
> You can't get ahead financially without speaking English.  You
can't
> fit in socially without speaking English.
>
> For THEIR sakes, English Only!!

1. If you get to travel to Mexico, do you expect the Mexicans to
speak english?
A: I expect most people to answer yes, to capture tourista dineros...

Tommy,

I'd hope Howell has funds for classes such as Spanish, Italian, or
German. If you look at some of the top performing highschools in
America - many also offer Japanese, Latin, etc - besides "english as
a second language".

Most schools only require 2 years for high school language -
the "easy" way out is Spanish. I think my son started in about 2nd
grade in OT then maybe once a week. So if he getting a D in Spanish
because he's lazy - I kick his but, because I know he knows more.
I've seen him and his friends talking "american" spanish joking
around. Part of the problem is when the teacher doesn't know the
language they are teaching. Hw worked as a busboy - he keeps on
learning.

For the sake of your kids and their future in the job market - a
second or third language goes along way.

Remember, the rest of the world typically understands at least three
languages and could speak them as well.

You an I probably know a few local lawyers that speak spanish.

I'm jealous.