> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > It's Asbury Steve. Who cares about what he has to say? His whole
> agenda is trashing AP on
> > the APP website whenever possible.
> >

> He's a communist.

Yet we will have to suffer his whole crazy, anti-semitic, conspiracy
laden campaign.

Last election there were 19 candidates.  The election before there
were 23.  You can't have a decent debate forum.  By the time you
intro the candidates and they make a 2 minute opening remark, you
are out of time.

What do you folks think of having AP go to a party-system of
election, rather than non-partisan.  There would be primaries to
weed out the nuts.

It would also put AP on the County party radar, so AP could get more
attention paid to it.

On the contrary side, I raised this to Kate Mellina once, and she
told me that she never would have been on the Council because she
would not have reveived the Democrat's nod to run.

Any ideas on having Asbury do what most of the county does and hold
partisan elections with primaries?