> Is there a report of some sorts that shows the number of african-
> american (and other minority) owned homes in Asbury Park?

I don't know of a specific report of homeownership by race.  You could
look at the HMDA data for Asbury Park.  HMDA is the home mortgage
disclosure act and it traces lending by race and gender.  This would
only tell you lending by race though.

I have two sites I use for AP statistics when writing grant proposals.
One is Epodunk and the other is DataPlace.  Here's the links to AP
demographics on each http://www.dataplace.org/area_overview/?place=x3384
and http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=18306.  The US
census data will only give you Monmouth county and AP is very different
demographically from the rest of the county.  If you are up to
researching HMDA you can go to FFIEC again
http://www.ffiec.gov/Geocode/default.aspx and type in an address.
That will give you a census tract number.  I put in my house address on
First Ave.  It is in tract 8071.00.  Then clicked on get demographics.
It is in a moderate income tract.  There are 3374 people living in the
tract.  82% are minorities and 571 out of 1047 are owner-occupied
units.  From those numbers I'd leap to conclude that something like 350-
400 are minority owned.  Not totally scientific, but logical.  Fun
huh?  Knowing my neighbors on the block and that the majority of the
homes are owner occupied, I feel that the number is pretty accurate.

When you write grants you get to be a complete data wonk.  So please
forgive me if I'm rattling on here.
Jennifer