Can you email me contact info? Emails?
If we have a 100 police officers (we really have that many??) then
they need to be more of a visible presence. I see a lot more cars on
patrol than I use to, but we still need a lot more on foot,
interacting with people, getting to know the people. I lived in NYC
before and after Giuliani. And while I am not a fan of everything
about the man, I can not deny how much he changed NYC.

When I was at NYU in the early 90s, it was unsafe to walk certain
blocks. If you did, you had a pretty good chance of being mugged.
NYU students were mugged on a regular basis. When I would go to my
studio classes in the West 40s and 50s (I was a theater major),
there were so many prostitutes, druggies, etc.

Now? The city is really freakin safe. I even use to run in Central
Park at night. It was well lit, there were TONS of cops. What he do?
He had this whole crack down on "quality of life" crimes. And there
were always cops around. I am not talking about what he did with the
homeless, I am just talking about putting everything right out in
the open, cracking down on the little things as well as the big
things.

People will come, investors will come when everyone views AP as a
safer place to be. I feel ok here (but for the murder on my street).
I have never, myself, had a problem and I consider myself street
smart, but others view AP as a crime ridden cesspool (see App.com
comments). How dow we change the perception? Change the crime rate
and have that story run in the APP. Make announcements about how
cops will start foot patrols on Cookman, Main, etc and do it. Let
people see the police when they eat on Cookman, like they could this
summer on the BW. I picked up food the other night by Mattison, and
I went back to my car, parked on Mattison and it was dark, there was
no one around....that is when bad things happen. Lights, Cameras,
Cops, No Nonsense.