Beginning this year we should have a total of 108
policeman employed for AP---We also have a large
presence of County and State officers patroling the
streets of Asbury Park.

Believe it or not---there has been a reduction in
crime in AP.  Alot of crime that had not been reported
in the AP Press was occuring in AP---even though the
press tried to make sure they had every bad occurence
that happened in Asbury Park on the front page.

Our Police are on foot patrol---in warmer temperatures
on bike patrol---we also have two officers on horse
back.

So we have the police working for us we just need the
community to come together and work with the police in
being the second pair of eyes.

I'm not sure if it's in place as of yet but I know
they are working on a new phone system for the police
department so when you report a crime your name is not
blasted all over the scanner.

Any problems feel free to reach out to the Chief-Mark
Kinmon---he is a great guy---very down to earth