--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Again, it is kiddie pool depth, but it is not for kids or
families.
> It is for glamour. Families is not the demographic they are going
> for with this project... Is how I read it....

You are correct - however it goes beyond MM.

The entire Redevelopment concept was to turn the beachfront into an
exclusive, primarily residential, area geared toward singles,
couples w/o children. The 'gay' market was heavily targeted also.

The retail/commercial aspect is to be for the use of the local
residential population.

Anyone who thinks the Plan is to turn the area into a
resort/entertainment/destination with family amenities is seriously
mis-informed.

I have said repetedly (for years) that the economic model chosen was
inappropriate and would likely fail. It has failed, just as it
failed in the 1980s.

Time to diversify, use existing assets, and zone for a greater mix
of land uses. Think of this as a stock portfolio, the City gambled
on one investment (residential0 and lost (again).

Werner