--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Powerful stuff.
> Do you think that at some point in the past 20 - 30 years parents started
> drifting away
> from a more hands on approach to their kids education?

Well, if there are TWO parents in a household, let alone one, who can be home,
have
dinner at 6 pm, house and kids clean..... vs a single parent household or one
where both
parents come in at 8pm, tired and the kid(s) on their own or the kids having
gone to
sports, music or some other "must have" classroom recreation program then
finding time
to setle down and do work. Lots of families here PAY to send their kids to all
kinds of
sports camps or camps because they aren't around in the summer or after school.
Then
you have the ones that don't and the only camp is the street. Our streets were
that of
Wanamassa down to the boardwalk,

Forbes this month has a special issue this month on the 400 list - looks at
education,
wealth and what it may have taken. Since 1982, the list has evolved from the
inherited
old money to the new money and education - forget the "drop-out" label of
Gates, Allen
etc. They are just intelligent and are educated as were their PARENTS.

Education opens doors. Risk takers succeed and fail to succeed again,
Entrepreneurship is
also helpful. Add all three.

One of the best interview questions - Tell me what you have failed out. Why or
How?
If someone answers that they never failed, keep on looking. Who needs someone
to fail
then jump out a window?