I'm going to Rant so be prepared folks!

I live in Asbury Park. Lots of good things are happening here finally.
Unfortunately I need to complain and I do that very well so I'll
refrain from whining.
Some background. I am a City Planner by education. I took many classes
on Architecture and Urban Design . The focus of 3 Senior papers in
college was Waterfront Development, so I have the credentials to complain.

I haven't printed pics yet, but who ever heard of using shipping
containers painted white as "storefronts"?????  My God they are
hideous!!!  They dot the vacant spots between the pavillions (which
are looking great by the way)
I am not sure how much the rent is for these hideous containers
whatever it may be is too much.

I took a walk with my boyfriend this morning to get a first hand look
at the progress.  I wanted to give the developers time to get things
rolling and be objective when I viewed the boardwalk.  I'm sorry but
whatever good feelings the improvements on the pavillions impart, they
are immediately crashed by these god awful trash boxes.  Ugh!

In a few weeks, you will have to pay to park for the boards and beach
:  50c /hr. I think patrons will need alot more to draw them to the
beach and stay while paying 50c/hr for shipping box shopping. Just a
thought.

Another criticism:  try having shops open at 7:30 am... lots of people
are on the boards, running , walking , biking .  Get some of the foot
traffic $$$.  I sure was thirsty and could have used an ice drink or
even a breakfast sandwich.  There is a restaurant at the end of the
boards that is open year round (good idea) .

I love the miniature golf course.  It looks great and people are using
it. I'll be there next weekend!! I can't golf , but I love mini golf.
 They are still building the waterpark...can't wait for that either.
Good things coming there.

Yes Virginia, there is a new Asbury Park. But it needs some help!!!
I love this town. It is coming back is better than ever.  But Visuals
speak a thousand words...... get rid of the shipping containers asap!
A David Byrne view of development

nothing But) Flowers--Talking Heads

Here we stand
Like an Adam and an Eve