The look and style is like a mall. Everything is the same, stucco and
some color badly used. Cartoon Architecture.

I think time will not improve that, a lot of money has been spent.
Looks like thats what your getting. The style and construction methods
could be found just about anywhere.

The issue in many places with chains coming in is the placenment of
signs and the coorporate identity overtaking the buildings. Its
usually handled with strict design codes.

I guess no such thing exists for the boardwalk along with no code to
restore the bandstand building.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Jack,
> It is not a strip mall...yet.  Currently you have mom & pop
retailers.  Many are residents of Asbury who want to aid in the
rebuilding and have taken risks to create these specility shops.  With
that being said, who else would open up stores on the boardwalk/  This
is truely the first summer the boradwalk has a direction and it was
very late in opening.  Retail works in a cycles.  You will have the
mom & pop stores and as they build customers, the retail giants then
move in.  Rents go up and the mom & pops leave.  You see this happen
all over.  If I do recall, MM did mention J Crew as a retailer when
they were proposing the boardwalk rebuild.  Time will tell.