I know this; you are a good person, even though we don't agree
politically, your heart is in the right place.  Your mother raised a
good son and should be proud of all your endeavors.  You've grown up
here and I know you have suffered, through no fault of your own, from
the injustices heaped on your people, as well.

Where I came from, there were no white or Black neighborhoods.
Everybody was Catholic or related to someone who is!  There were no
Orthodox Jewish population, but from my encounters with Reformed Jews,
they felt pretty much like us, until they had to reveal their
race/religion.  Southerners were like Nazis in their hatred of Jewish
people.  Color had nothing to do with it.  Jews appear white and the
movie, Driving Miss Daisy, drove that fact, home!

The Jews owned most of the Department stores, like Kaufmans,
Rosenbergs and Meyer The Hatter.  Meyers is my maiden name!  Who knew?
 LOL, I don't know who the hell I am!  I know that all Christians were
Jews first, then followers of Christ, a Jew Himself, so I respect
them, as I respect myself.  Don't feel bad, I know so little of Black
History and there's so much I still have to learn.

In the South, New Jersey is thought of as a liberal, Northern State.
I thought NJ was part of New England but I know it's a part of the
Mid-Atlantic States.  I still think of the original inhabitants, as
Yankees, no slur intended.  I found out through History, that it
played a pivotal part in returning escaped slaves and Lawnside, a
Black town started in Camden County, was established after
Reconstruction.  Mott House is there and was part of the Underground
Railroad.  The State has an African American book, dedicated to New
Jersey's rich history, from Colonialism to the present day.  It's
available in the Office of Tourism.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"