I read it, but it's a rehash of what I already knew.  All of what you
wrote is true.  In order for me to "find" my history, I had to study
it in college.  You didn't mention Reconstruction and its' short life
after the end of the Civil War, Jim Crow until 1964, so those years
are what's relevant to me.  You don't mention the rise of Black
Nationalism, The Panthers, The Black Muslims and other Nationalists,
who thought that Martins' message was too lame!  Rosa Parks gets all
the credit for not getting up, but she wasn't the first.

Since Blacks set foot in the US in 1619, until today, Blacks revolted.
 Many of the Blacks in Brazil, Puerto Rico, Cuba and the West Indies
in general, may not be Americans, but I feel a kinship because of our
shared experiences and Mother Africa.  We ALL are holding invoices,
overdue for non-payment from wherever we landed.  Restitution for all
of the free labor rendered for 450 years.  We should move on?  We
would have if this country had treated us like your European brothers.

Each ethnic group has their own story to tell about coming into this
country.  Blacks are unique, having been kidnapped and forcibly
brought here.  How I feel isn't the issue, though is it?  Sorry, I'm
off message folks!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"