There are many articles in the local papers- TriCity and the Coaster-
about the outrage about the parking. It's annoying to me to have to
pay for parking at the beachfront. I also think it's ridiculous to put
in meters when the city is trying to drum up tourism-there is still so
much bad stereotyping about Asbury in suburban Monmouth County that it
doesn't need anything else working against it. The meters are also
difficult to use. The last time I tried to use one, after trying to
put in my space number and then my credit card about 5 times, I ended
up giving up and just hoping I didn't get a ticket. (luckily no
ticket.) Some of them only take credit cards, not coins or dollars,
and then if you pay for one hour and you come back before that hour is
up, the meter restarts at the time you paid the 2nd time, so you end
up paying more than you would with a traditional coin operated, old
fashioned meter. I walk to Asbury most of the time but for outside
visitors, it will just deter them from coming to town. Most of this
area has free parking, except for Red Bank. I love Asbury and want the
businesses and waterfront to succeed.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"