--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Obama worked his way through college and became a commuity
>organizer
> to help the poor (for about 4 years).

Community organizer is relevant experience to be president?  Asbury
Park has over 80 non-profits. Are all of them building relevant
exerpience to be president?

>Then, he attended the best law
> school in the country, granduating magna cum laude. At that law
> school, he became editor in chief of the Law Review, the best
> scholarly legal journal in the country- a major accomplishment.
> After law school, Obama became an associate with a small civil
> rights firm (and he could have had his pick of ANY job in the
> country).

Is being an attorney relevant experience for the Presidency?  If so,
am I qualified?  I've tried hundreds of cases of a variety of
stripes.  My understanding is he's never tried even one.

>He also soon became a professor of constitutional law...

Con law professor is experience for the presidency?  I was a teacher
longer than he was.  Again, does that qualify me for presidency?

> a state senator. Then a US senator.

This is government experience, although not executive.

> Palin went to a bunch of colleges and then became a sports caster,
> right?

She went to 3, but spent 3 years U of Idaho where she graduated.
I wnet to 2.  What's your point.

>Then she was a mom

Are you being snarky?  Most important job she ever had.

>then a member of the PTA,

As in community organizer.

> on town
> council,

She certainly started from the bottom and came up through the ranks,
didn't she?  That's usually scene as a plus.

>then mayor,

More coming up through the ranks.  She was councilmember/mayor for 10
years.  Negotiating, doing budgets, supplying services, serving the
public - for a decade.  Nothing on Obama's record comes close.

> then somehow became the Governor of Alaska

Wow did you leave out a big one (sorry for Wiki but I'm being lazy):

"Governor Murkowski appointed Palin to the Alaska Oil and Gas
Conservation Commission. She chaired the Commission beginning in
2003, and served as Ethics Supervisor.[58] Palin resigned in January
2004, protesting what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow
Republican members.[59][60][61]

After resigning, Palin filed a formal complaint against Oil and Gas
Conservation Commissioner Randy Ruedrich, also the chair of the state
Republican Party,[62] accusing him of doing work for the party on
public time and of working closely with a company he was supposed to
be regulating. She also filed a complaint against Gregg Renkes, a
former Alaska Attorney General,[63] accusing him of having a
financial conflict of interest in negotiating a coal exporting trade
agreement,[64] while Renkes was the subject of investigation and
after records suggesting a possible conflict of interest had been
released to the public.[65] Ruedrich and Renkes both resigned and
Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[58][66]"

So Sara Palin rooting out corruption in her own party gets NO props
from you whatsoever?  Is that fair?

Now for Palin being Governor.

In the 20th Century, 8 Presidents were Governor first.  Being
Governor has always been the standard bearer of Presidential
experience.

The 5 Presients that were Senators first had to overcome the fact
that they weren't Governors and therefore had no executive experience.

No honest broker of Presidential history could downplay the
importance of Palin being a Governor.

 > Drill baby drill, even though it would not result in any better
>oil
> domestic production for many years while destroying the
>environment.

Wrong on both counts. Technology today has taken most of the risk out
of oil spills.  Contrary to what some of the dopes on TV are saying,
the Industry says they can get oil out of the ground in 18 months.

> She has no foreign policy experience and thinks Putin is rearing
>is
> head??? Can you imagine her negotiating with any foreign power?

Most people who became President had no foreign policy experience.
They were Governors.  Governor Reagan had none.  Governor Clinton had
none, etc.  Obama has none.

Care to tell me what foreign policy experience is necessary before
becoming President?  Give me a real answer without platitudes - give
me your actual standard.

I'll tell you my answer:  All I require of a President negotiating
for America is that they love America and always want her to win.
With that on your mind and our military behind you, that's all I'll
require of you to negotiate for me.

> 15 year girls who get raped by their fathers should be denied
> abortions (and even the morning after pill)???

Careful here.  All she said is that she would counsel life.  I can't
find anywhere Palin said she would make such an abortion illegal.

> Women in Wasilla should pay for their own rape kits???

Show me the state that has hospitals that don't bill for the rape
kit.  This is putting on Sarah's shoulders what is going on in every
state in America.

> Homosexuality is a choice and she denied insurance to state
>worker's
> same sex partners??

Republican and Democratic platforms are exactly the same regarding
homosexuality.

> She would pay to for the forelegs of wolves???

If you leave out the background it sounds not so nice, so lets look
at the background.

Alaskans depend greatlyh on moose meat for food (they don't have the
best garden weather).

Wolves thin the moose population too much, so occasionally there is a
wolf hunt, like NJ has deer and bear hunts.

The wolf forelegs weren't trophies.  Sceintists studying the wolf
population sought the forelegs so hunters with a license to be part
of the wolf thinning were encouraged to bring in the forelegs (rather
than bury them) for the scientific study.

> Will not admit that global warming is man made???

It isn't.  I didn't know Sarah had that position but props to her if
she does.

> I could go on and on.

Bet you can't.