I thought you never watched Fox?

--- On Tue, 9/30/08, Jersey Shore John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Jersey Shore John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [AsburyPark] it's getting better all the time
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 8:59 PM

Hannity: You spent two years of this five-and-a-half-year period in
solitary confinement. What does that do to a person, to spend that
much time in solitary confinement?

McCain: I think it makes you a better person. Obviously, it makes you
love America. I really didn¢t love America until I was deprived of
her company, but probably the most important thing about it, Sean, is
that I was privileged to have the opportunity to serve in the company
of heroes.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=952

On Sep 30, 2008, at 8:07 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am so sick of hearing people decry our country.
> Patriotism and the practice thereof became a silent issue not too
> long ago.
> Maybe for good reasons, there were a whole lot of flags flying.
> But this other extreme, this amplification of Michelle Obama's
> statement that she was FINALLY proud to be an American is sickening.
> If your not proud to be an American the door swings both ways.
> We welcome the sick and oppressed and the tired and the poor and we
> will gladly slam the door on the butts of the spoiled rotten who
> are blinded by the light that is America.
>
> tommi boy and gabbi wrote"Posted by: "Gabrielle Obre"
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:24 am (PDT)
>

> > You said this:
> >
> > "As Americans we are
> > constantly distracted by the superficial, disconnected from our
> > communities, we avoid genuine involvement with our local governments
> > and we provide wealth to the companies that screw us in the end. We
> > are intellectually lazy and narcissistic. We care only how we look,
> > what we drive and how that compares to others.
> >
> > I blame American anti intellectualism for a big chunk of that and am
> > amazed that "elite" could be considered a derogatory
remark."