--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandpiper15" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> There's a middle class in Rumson??? ;)

Go to a bar called "Murphy's Suds & Sawdust" in Rumson.  Look around
and you will see you are in a working class section of Rumson.

By the way it's the coolest bar I've ever been to.  It's someone's
basement of their home.  Right in the middle of a totally
residential street.

Apparantly it was grandfathered in and the neighborhood build around
it over the years.

> > The southwest of Asbury Park is the poorest neighborhood in the
> > state.

> Is there a Web site where this was reported? Not doubting you,
just
> curious about the research method.

Good catch I meant to type County.

I wouldn't doubt though that it ranks high on the State list of
poorest neighborhoods (if there is a list).

> > On the other hand, maybe a person from the west side who feels
>they
> > don't have the connections or money to run city-wide so they get
> > discouraged and don't get involved, decides that know that they
can
> > win they will get involved.
>
> Another good point, though I wonder what sort of "connections" the
> present council members had. I'm not in the loop, so if the answer
> seems obvious, forgive me.

I  don't mean anything sinister by "connections."  To run a
successful campaign in any town, you need to build coalitions with
differing neighborhoods.  You need name recognition among all of
them.