--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sharon_b283" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> No, you don't know!  In the 256 apartment dwelling I live in, many
>of
> the "dyed in the wool" Asbury Park residents have served either as
> council or some governing board, so your "biased" thinkig that
>renters
> or apartment dwellers don't have the interest of the City at heart,
is
> erroneous!  In this very building former Mayor Kramer lived on the
> 15th Floor with his Filipino Wife!  Many police Officers still live
> here, Firemen and City workers.
>
> This building has every race, creed and color!  This building is
> District 4, as far as voting and when District 4 votes, come in, the
> election gets decided, most of the time, although you could get on
the
> council with less than 350 votes.  The residents here are pretty
savvy
> politically, how else would candidates want and need our votes.
> There are also a lot of retirees, such as myself, who aren't ready
for
> Asbury Towers or Lumley Homes, thank you!  There are residents here
> with Ph.D's, Masters degrees and other assorted credentials. I and
the
> lady below me are Telephone Pioneers.  She through NJ Bell and me
> through Bell Laboratories.  Like most old people, I've now lost my
> train of thought.

Sharon of course the renter are an important voting block, that's why
I brought up that they may outnumber the homeowners (again I've heard
the claim but can't confirm it).

Now, you've been around AP a long time.  You know Ray Kramer didn't
actually live there - it was a unit he kept just so he could have an
AP address and run for mayor.

He lived in Spring Lake.  I was at his house in Spring Lake.