> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "arcman210" <acme87rangers@>
> wrote:
>
> > Also the Asbury Park boardwalk, while historic, is nowhere near
> > historic district.
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_May_Historic_District
> >

> Don't rely totally on Wikipedia. Most colleges and U's with good
prof
> want people to go out and do real research.
>
> A bunch of land can be a historic district.
>
> And in some way, that land is abused. Green open spaces is ok.
Werner
> may not agree with it, buta mini-g and waterpark are borderline ok.
>
> Now here's a brief history of the green spaces on the boardwalk in
> Asbury.
>
> They all had someting on it - rides, mini-g etc.
>
> They were all LEASED OUT by the city, in competitive (funny word)
> bidding (sealed bids). Today, unless there is some compensation we
> don't know about, the city gets ZERO for use of the green spaces
> which generate income for the owners and they collect rent.
>
> Would you let me move in your house and not pay rent AND feed me?
for a period I would let you live rent free (me/city)

IF you are willing to invest very large sums of money into my house,
home security and property (you/MM)....

looks like a win win if the city and developers can execute the next
stages and if we can avoid great depression 2.

glad to see some AP threads back.