> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "arcman210" <acme87rangers@>
> wrote:
>
> > Also the Asbury Park boardwalk, while historic, is nowhere near a
> > historic district.
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_May_Historic_District
> >

> Don't rely totally on Wikipedia. Most colleges and U's with good prof
> want people to go out and do real research.
>
> A bunch of land can be a historic district.

It's hard to argue that the buildings don't belong, when the nature of
the historic district he speaks of has no relevance on dictating what
type of buildings are built in it.  Convention Hall and the 5th Avenue
Pavilion are two completely different types of architecture.  They were
built 35 years apart from one another... the shipping containers don't
take away from one particular type of historic architecture... they add
to the eclectic mix.

If they were put in the center of Cape May, then I could see the
argument.  But there are all types of buildings from many different
eras throughout Asbury...