Bruce writes songs that discuss current events. There is no difference.
There is no difference in their credibility either. You can't call on Bruce to
"shut up and
sing" without telling everybody to shut up. The validity of what the folks on
The View say
is nothing different then the validity of Bruce. Both are expressing opinions.