--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't get where you are coming from. Do you live here? Own
property
> here? you haven't been here is several months? if you haven't been
> here is several months, whats your gripe and what do you care? you
> sound like one of those freaks on APP boards curiously bent on
> badmouthing AP.

Y, you sure don't 'get it' that's a fact, glad you cleared that up.
I've read your/that attitude in this group before, that anyone not
local or in the clique gets no credibility. Thats the problem with
AP, too many small minded people not willing to take advice or learn
from others experiences.

I don't need to be there, or own a house there, or come down often,
to care. There are millions of people like me and we have money to
spend to go to interesting unique places. Don't you realize that just
the name Asbury Park is recognized by millions ?

When years of hype have been spent and years of supposed rebuilding
done, don't you see how your reality doesn't match the advertized
product. AP is a product you know, and it's not what was advertized.

>  You obviously haven't been enjoying it here. i have,
> and i am not alone. I am sorry AP isn't bringing you pleasure or a
> return or whatever you are looking for. i moved here because i love
> it. still do, with all its imperfections. i am more in love all the
> time. that doesn't mean i don't think the budget should be looked at
> etc..but love is more in spite of than because of.

Contrary, I had a good time, my comments were about the environment
and the treatment its getting. Along with the lack of meeting
expectations. That bandshell building is a perfect example. You have
a building that is authentic space age '60s and it survived as
originally designed until your developers got a hold of it and ruined
it.

If you dont see the destructive effects on your own attractions then
I can't explain it to you. I also mentioned the container buildings
and the fact that all the real buildings are just stuccoed over like
a generic strip mall.

There are not 'imperfections' these are major mistakes. AP had so
much potential but chose, or allowed, a low standard of rebuilding.
Get out of town and see what good design and treatment looks like in
other places.

> come down. ill meet you for a tea, drink, tour of our beautiful
> unfinished little city.

No thanks, I think we would just get into an argument.