--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good point. I've never really thought about it that way as I'm
merely a renter.

Renter's have rights.
Renter's are taxpayers via their rent. That's why you get a homestead
rebate.
Renter's have a right to vote in their town where thet rent, if they
are registered.
Some of the world's richest people are renter's. More bang for the $
or just more flexibility.
Renter's may become homeowners in the town where they rent.
Renter's some really care about the home they rent and their
neighborhood.
Some good renter's keep lazy landlords on their toes (myself as a
lazy landlord example...)

Thanks for the "merely a renter" phrase. I was looking for a lead
topic for my monthll newsletter on RentLaw.com but over all the
topics I came up with, this one could be the best.