> There appears to be huge contradiction in your concerns.
>
> On the one hand you write about discussing the City budget
> and questioning political leadership.
>
> On the other you don't care about redevelopment timelines.
>
> They are in essence the same topic, how do you reconcile
> separating them in your Asbury Park view?
>
> Werner

I guess I just care about different things than you do. I have no
problem with the progress of the Boardwalk. If its been slow due to
shady dealings thats one thing. But if its simply red tape, financial
situations, permits unplanned for I can understand that. and while it
may provoke an eyeroll when there are boards across a new staircase,
in the big picture i just cant get too upset about it. is the city
communicating about the failure to meet the timelines?

I think in general, any leadership in government should always be
questioned. And it would be great if citizens were willing to talk
more freely and intelligently about decisions and people in power and
not based on any personal affiliation or benefit. It would be great if
governments fostered citizen participation...meetings filmed,
documents easily accessible and free of charge (PDF). My concern about
city dealings comes from being a NJ citizen all my life and witnessing
some pretty mediocre behavior coming from the dais.

Ultimately what is beginning to bother me more is not the behavior of
leaders, but that of citizens. Long discussion, but we are basically
trained to be unquestioning workers and consumers. its what our public
education was created to do.