--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > There appears to be huge contradiction in your concerns.
> >
> > On the one hand you write about discussing the City budget
> > and questioning political leadership.
> >
> > On the other you don't care about redevelopment timelines.
> >
> > They are in essence the same topic, how do you reconcile
> > separating them in your Asbury Park view?
> >
> > Werner
> >

> I guess I just care about different things than you do. I have no
> problem with the progress of the Boardwalk. If its been slow due to
> shady dealings thats one thing. But if its simply red tape, financial
> situations, permits unplanned for I can understand that. and while it
> may provoke an eyeroll when there are boards across a new staircase,
> in the big picture i just cant get too upset about it. is the city
> communicating about the failure to meet the timelines?

====================================

Redevelopment is a function of municipal government and so is
directly related to the quality of the political process. The public
is a party to the process involving review, formal hearings, adoption
of plans and ultimately a commitment to perform in a specific manner.

Everyone should care about the performance of redevelopment, it is a
promise made to the taxpayers after a public process. The most
significant redevelopment currently is that at the waterfront. It is
the economic backbone of the City.

Encompassing 56 Acres that is almost 9 percent of Asbury Park and
includes the power to take private property and hand it over to
developers. Not knowing what was promised and the failures to perform
that have taken place is unconscionable.

If one claims to care about Asbury Park as an entity and its economic
future it is incumbent to care about what happens in redevelopment.
To separate these issues from the comments below is grave mistake.

Werner