I tend to agree with much of what New Beetoap says.
First off, it's 100% obvious that the bandshell is never going to see the light
of day again,
and MM is getting away with it because nobody is putting pressure on them to
explain
what happened.
Next, the shipping containers. They looked bad enough during the summer, but
now they
just help make it look like a perpetual construction site.
Why has work stopped on the water park?
Why did the farmers market stop? Probably because it was poorly executed. Fall
is the
perfect time for a great farmers market, but no, our highly touted boardwalk
version
closed in Sept. Bad move in my opinion.
What about finishing the plaza in front of Convention Hall?
Speaking of Convention Hall, yes, it looks good, but the restoration is far
from being done.
I'll also stick to my early opinion that the pavilions look out of place, and
look more like
strip mall architecture then something that would be appropriate for a place
with a history
like Asbury Park. I think a huge opportunity was lost by not going back to
archival photos
and designing things that looked like Asbury Park at it's height.
Finally, it really disgusted me to see Gary Mottolo tell a woman that she
couldn't walk her
dog on the boardwalk? Who is he? Is he an officer of the law? No.