...my friend is a big shot a large print advertising company. They
merged with another co  a few months ago. They do inserts layouts
distribution etc.

The pain they have begun to feel - Boscovs, Circuit City etc etc - no
more stores - no more ads once or twice a week.

We then got into an 8 hour conversation about transformation to the
web - a problem their co is facing.

Why even have a web presence at all or accept ads via email or
advertise ad rates - on the web?  Why not use regular mail or the
tele? So the web/net does have a publication.

Flip it around - there are many, many large and small Internet
publications or blogs that are or were very successful - profitable.

Without the net RentLaw.com would not be around in paper form. And it
wouldn't of been picked up those paper book publishers referring to
it or newspapers writing about it.

EVERY co should have some kind of web presence. TCN does. Imagine
those archives on the net....

PS - a couple people joined the "Asbury Park" GROUP on linkedin.com

Go to linkedin.com and search for the group ASbury Park and join.

We'll have  real who's who in and thinking of Asbury.