While the city has right to charge, this policy creates a nickle-and-dimed
effect.  Requiring seasonal employees to purchase year-round passes doesn't
make any sense.  Sure, it comes out to $1.08 a day, but every cent counts.
There should be a pro-rated option, which would be $25. In the end, that's a
big difference.

On top of that, jobs in Asbury are not certain.  Lots of businesses have come
and gone unexpectedly.  I would recommend that employees buy parking passes on
a quarterly basis because you never know how things will change.

On the other hand, should a seasonal employee be entitled to such a parking
pass when they are no longer employed in the area?

j.mcmanus