Also note with banks, if you are a total disaster, they have an incentive to
work with you, but if you are not, they won't. So, I posed the following to the
bank, as a hypothetical... I said, what if I owe say $300K and I find a buyer
on my own for $270K. Can I work out a payment plan for the $30K that I owe? No.
All loans will be due upon the sale. So, you would rather people default on
purpose, have to sell the house, institute legal proceedings to recover the
difference etc rather than allow people to pay off their debts with little
inconvenience to the bank? Makes no sense.

So, yeah, bring on more condos :)