What a wonderful deflection from the main issue. Chandan Mahanta, you are
really a master at it. If there is a Nobel equivalent, I would strongly
recommend you for the same.

Poor Utpal. I am sure he, and many like him, have been itching to ask them some
questions which are lurking in the minds of almost all Assamese people. He got
a chance and asked them, in plain, straight forward English language, without
any ambiguity. So, attack his "design" in asking these questions, since,
frankly, they and their sympathisers have no answers.

I remember, in one of the seminars organised by the students of the Assam
Institute of Management on Assam's current critical problems, Sanjib
Sabhapandit used a curious phrase: "Don't intellectualise Assam's problems."
Well, here we are seeing an effort to intellectualise even simple and honest
queries to those who seem to have solutions to Assam's problems.

No one in Assam is quite clear as to what these people are fighting for. A
large number of the people of Assam believe that there is a big nexus that
sustains them, that they are anything but revolutionaries, and when
opportunities are provided to them to justify their actions, they run away and
leave it to people like Chandan mahanta, ensconced in the middle of the USA, to
obfuscate the issues on their behalf. This is indeed a gem:
Where is the ORDINARY integrity expected of  the intelligentsia here, if one
can misuse the English word under the circumstances? The sincerity of purpose?
It is obvious that those who consider themselves the 'educated' and'wise',
unlike ULFA, and  who parade around wearing the garbs of  pillars-of society do
not think so and thus the eloquent outpourings  of disappointment, not to
mention the offenses to their genteel sensitivities . Not just that, the
self-fulfilling prophecies too of the band of braves indulging in the "hola
gosot baagi kuthar mora" enterprise, justification why their masters don't talk
to them, or should not.
unquote
AIM of GOALS, what a fantastically creative phrase. Frankly I have come across
this phrase for the first time in my life. May I add, AIM of GOALS of
OBJECTIVES?

If one has beliefs, one must be ready to face INQUISITIONS. In fact, the
mistakes we made during the Assam  Movement was that we did not subject the
leaders to frequent inquisitions, which resulted in the movement being led
astray.

Apologists, awake, arise and continue to give proxies for those who have lost
the way long ago. After all you have nothing to lose.

Shantikam Hazarika

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:33:27 -0500To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Re: [Assam] What a response!!

Before we pass judgement on the response, we also ought to be able to judge the
QUESTION.

What were the questions posed by Utpal designed to ?

To help him and others decide, if what ULFA has been fighting for, Assam's
sovereignty,  is a  sound and beneficial  move for Assam? And if they are
persuaded by ULFA's response that they are sound,  Utpal and others would
SUPPORT it?

Or were they designed to extract an admission from ULFA, that their own notions
and beliefs, that it is
patently bad  for Assam, never mind HOW or WHY they have concluded that their
notions and beliefs are the truly wise and considered opinions?

Is it therefore REASONABLE  to evaluate INTENT for ULFA before submitting
itself to the INQUISITION?

Where is the ORDINARY integrity expected of  the intelligentsia here, if one
can misuse the English word under the circumstances? The sincerity of purpose?
It is obvious that those who consider themselves the 'educated' and'wise',
unlike ULFA, and  who parade around wearing the garbs of  pillars-of society do
not think so and thus the eloquent outpourings  of disappointment, not to
mention the offenses to their genteel sensitivities . Not just that, the
self-fulfilling prophecies too of the band of braves indulging in the "hola
gosot baagi kuthar mora" enterprise, justification why their masters don't talk
to them, or should not.

What  is missing from the exercises is a rudimentary  element of AIM of GOALS.
Never mind the need to explore the reasons WHY ten thousand plus Oxomiyas have
given their lives. No doubt their lives were nearly not as valuable as one
Sanjoy Ghosh's.

Aimless exercises unfortunately  lead to nowhere.  With such pillars of society
looking after its well-being, one hardly needs enemies to tear it down.

cm