>But the problem is NOT what the book may contain, it
is the
COMPREHENSION of it.

>I will bet a dollar that the report did not imply (
>to anyone who
>reads and comprehends ordinary English)

Hmmm .... a different argument then "Yet another
PSEUDO scientific account"   OR  "unadulterated
garbage".

With such rapid shift in arguments,  we,  the
half-brained, dimwits are confused what is true --

1) The Fed Research site is PSEUDO scientific
OR
2) Fed Research publishes unadulterated garbage
OR
3) Fed research materials are correct but we are
unable to comprehend it.
OR
All three above

>  >If the piece of info is garbage (indicates there
may
>be more garbage) ,  it implies that ---

>**** There may very well be. Is that unthinkable?

>But the problem is NOT what the book may contain, it
is the
COMPREHENSION of it.

>I will bet a dollar that the report did not imply (
>to anyone who
>reads and comprehends ordinary English)
>that  the SW monsoons  go to the NE but cannot drop
>its load there,
>so it veers westwards
>and trudging over the Gangetic plains  unloads it at
>Dilli and
Rajasthan instead; because of Global Warming or what
have you

At 9:37 AM -0700 10/18/07, Krishnendu Chakraborty
wrote:
>I have no arguments regarding the monsoon pattern. I
>do not think that I have enough knowledge to
>authoratitively speak on this subject, more so,
since
>my school education (Desi School education that is
:-)
>) agrees to what you mentioned.
>
>However,  the concern here is the site from where
this
>has been picked up.
>
>I find the following statements in that site ---
>
>1) This Web site contains the online versions of
books
>previously published (1988-98) in hard copy by the
>Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress
>under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program
>sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Army.
>
>2) The Federal Research Division provides customized
>research and analytical services on domestic and
>international subjects to agencies of the United
>States Government, the District of Columbia, and
>authorized Federal contractors on a cost-recovery
>basis.
>
>If the piece of info is garbage (indicates there may
>be more garbage) ,  it implies that ---
>
>1) Federal Research Division   published garbage
under
>a program sponsored by US Army
>
>2) Any Tom, Dick Harry can write a piece of garbage
>and get it published by Federal Research Division
>
>3) The agencies of US Government and Federal
>Contractors are fed with such garbage.
>

>>>Just because a document resides in the US LIbrary
>>>of Congress does
>>>not in any way, shape or form guarantee its
>>>accuracy,  veracity ,
>>>usefulness or any such other quality.
>
>>>It is like a storage vault, a library. In a library
>>>you can get works
>>>of genius as well as unadulterated garbage.
>
>>>Is that hard to imagine, that you would  argue the
>point?
>

>>>About the issue involved does it need high
>scientific training to
>>>imagine that the SW Monsoons  that travel to Assam
>retraces its
>>>steps because there was no one home to receive the
>order?  So it
>>>returns to the west and go deliver it in Dilli?
>

>>>What kind of a moron would argue such a point, tell
>me?

>At 8:26 AM -0700 10/18/07, Krishnendu Chakraborty
>wrote:
>>   >>**** Yet another PSEUDO scientific account,  of
>the
>>
>>C'da,
>>I am not an expert in Monsoon and in fact my school
>>knowledge had been like what is mentioned by you
>>(Western Ghat and Eastern Ghat).
>>
>>However,  the piece of info which has been cited by
>>Umesh is Originally from "Library of Congress" --
>>http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+in0035)
>>

>>Shall we consider this as "Yet another PSEUDO
>>scientific account" ???  Or perhaps LoC hired some
>ad
>>agency copywriter who probably graduated
>>from a desi school/college sporting the name of some
>>Christian saint ?
>>

>>>The southwest monsoon occurs in two branches. After
>>breaking on the
>>>southern part of the Peninsula in early June, the
>>branch known as
>>>the Arabian Sea monsoon reaches Bombay around June
>>10, and it has
>>>settled over most of South Asia by late June,
>>bringing cooler but
>>>more humid weather. The other branch, known as the
>>Bay of Bengal
>>>monsoon, moves northward in the Bay of Bengal and
>>spreads over most
>>>of Assam by the first week of June. On encountering
>>the barrier of
>>>the Great Himalayan Range, it is deflected westward
>  >along the
>>>Indo-Gangetic Plain toward New Delhi. Thereafter
the
>>two branches
>>>merge as a single current bringing rains to the
>>remaining parts of
>>>North India in July.

the

>>At 8:17 PM -0700 10/17/07, umesh sharma wrote:
>>>"The other branch, known as the Bay of Bengal
>>monsoon, moves
>>>northward in the Bay of Bengal and spreads over
most
>>of Assam by the
>>>first week of June. On encountering the barrier of
>>the Great
>>>Himalayan Range, it is deflected westward along the
>>Indo-Gangetic
>>>Plain toward New Delhi. Thereafter the two branches
>>merge as a
>>>single current bringing rains to the remaining
parts
>>of North India
>>>in July."  Source of the website info is CIA
>>WorldFact Book and
>>>Library of Congress -USA
>>>http://www.photius.com/countries/india/climate/india_climate_climate.html
>>>Cheers
>>>
>>>umesh

>Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here
and Now (it's