Title: Re: [Assam] From the ToI/US denies visa to Modi-some more
Umesh:

So with that analogy -- it doesn't seem that US is taking that extreme step -- so does US really blame Modi for hindu-muslim riots. I do not see US doing anything when riots are going on anywhere - unless the terrorists bomb US -like in Sep11.

There are limits, boundaries which even a Bush admin. or Wolfowitz or Rumsfeldt would not cross, and should not. The pogrom of Muslims in Gujarat is a horrible stigma to the Indian civilization. But that notwithstanding, the USA cannot and should not attempt to intervene militarily. It should have ( I don't know if it did) intervened diplomatically. My guess would be is that it did, perhaps to no avail. But that is not an US failure: It was a singularly Indian failure.

Therefore, your doubts, as expressed in the question" So why this nonsense?" is an illustration of more of the same: An appalling Indian disregard to the rule of law.

c-da