If body count be the metric on which guilt is
established, I wonder whether we need to wonder at all
as to who is a more guilty person - Bush (and
Rumsfield)or Narendra Modi. By conservative estimates
they would have killed 100 times over. Oh yes, they
also got as many of their own (American soldiers)
killed.

So, shall we say, the position espoused in this e-mail
is a demonstration of typical American disregard of
law.

--- Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> powerful or
> >influential a nation is, the more arbitrary they
> can get about what
> >they choose to do.
> >
> >However the US not granting a visa to Modi or
> whoever, does not
> >constitute interference with another country's
> internal affairs.
> >That complaint of interfering with the internal
> affairs of another
> >country usually emanates from people attempting to
> keep their
> >internal dirt under their rug. Unfortunately, or
> fortunately in this
> >case :-), there are people here in the USA who have
> an interest in
> >what goes on in India. I am certainly pleased to
> see that the
> >progressive desis here including Muslims ( I don't
> automatically
> >exclude them)
> >chose to raise their voice and send a signal.
> >
> >Not that it is going to hurt Modi. If anything he
> will now be a
> >greater hero to all his supporters, all those
> rioteous :-) Hindus
> >who believe that India is theirs and Muslims don't
> belong there. Who
> >knows, he might become the supreme leader of the
> BJP now.
> >

> >I do not know whether it is supposed to be ethical
> that if there is
> >a fight going on in a neighbor's house -- then you
> stop letting a
> >member from that family into your own house. That
> is what Modi's
> >visa stoppal amounts to be.
> >

> >*** Good analogy. What do you think? Would you
> consider your
> >neighborly and human duty to interfere with the guy
> next-door
> >attempting to butcher his children? What do you
> think of Indira
> >Gandhi's interfering with Pakistan's internal
> affair when they were
> >slaughtering B'Deshis?
> >
> >c-da
> >

> >Umesh
> >

> >PS: I mentioned about the truth being what the
> powerful say -- an
> >instance -- the Union Carbide (USA's MNC) killed
> 10,000 people in
> >Bhopal in Dec 1984 and maimed 200,000 (and thats a
> very hard and
> >concrete fact) .
> >

> >Still India dare not ban it from its land --for the
> fear that all US
> >based MNCs would stop coming to India or that India
> would stop
> >getting defense supplies from powerful USA. If
> India had been
> >powerful - its truth would have prevailed and Union
> Carbide (and its
> >current owner Dupont) would be banned from India.
> But weak India
> >cannot implement something which is the truest of
> the truths
> >

> >*** Business-interests often trump justice, doesn't

=== message truncated ===>