Unfortunately it escapes some people that, to some of
this thinking set, the alternatives presented (to the
dysfuntional Indian system) do not give the confidence
that they will do better. In fact, they do the
opposite - they give cause for visions of long years
of anarchy, mahyem and misery - a system way worse
than what exists today.

This is not about being risk averse or paranoid. It is
simply about NOT being attracted to a really bad idea.

It is a fundamental tenet that new ideas that seek
change have to be way more attractive. That those
ideas themselves and the progenitors and executors of
those ideas have the intrinsic capability to sell
themselves to enough groups of people to convince them
to be converted. If enough people are not converted,
and seemingly enough aren't - it typically follows
that the apple is rotten (in whole or in parts) enough
not to be eaten.

Now just because that demand for change in India is
not loud enough does not mean that Assam ought to
languish with the rest. That is MY point. I know it
unnerves many of you, and more so because I framed it
together with the argument that if need be Assam will
have to wrest the control of its destiny from a
dysfunctional Indian system. That kind of defiance is
scary for you good but highly risk averse folks.

Now why would that bother a highly informed person
like you or Ram or BK or Dilip or Kamal, if mine is a
hare-brained , far-out idea, like you all assert it
is? Obviously you can see the merit of my arguments,
and that is why you get concerned that others do too,
that if thinking people begin to accept and advocate
such ideas it may strengthen ULFA's defiance of Indian
rule. So you defend the status-quo, the dysfunctional
state, like a deity, even though you do not really
believe it.

But it is time to change that stance. You have so much
to contribute.

Take care.