> I think this is a challenge to the people of Assam how they face it,
> considering the fact that Asssamese people are one of laziest of all in the
> country excepting some people from lower Assam.

Heh! heh! heh! Mridul, you have to be careful here. There are many
netters who are allergic to statements like this. Barua (Rajen Barua)
tried this once or twice and was roundly beaten on the head by some. I
think the word he uses is 'leketa' :-) :-)

I agree with you that this Manch movement in Dibrugarh should also
encourage the unemployed to fill in the gaps left by fleeing B'deshis.
Ultimately, the work that these B'deshis were doing must be done -
pulling rickshaws, maid service, or as a brick layer. If no one is
willing to take up those jobs, then B'deshis or maybe Biharis will
come in again.

This is a similar problem in the US , specially in Texas, Califorinia,
Arizona. People don't want Mexican illegals to come in. But they do,
inspite of all the money and advanced technology the US has, they come
in by the millions.

And why is that possible? The simple reason is Americans are unwilling
( at those low wage rates) to take up jobs that illegals usually do -
in argiculture, mowing the lawn, and a great number in home building.
Home builders build, at a time 300-500 homes, and they can keep the
price of homes reasonable, only because they hire many illegals at low
rates.